The Aquarium Arts Culturing Process
Aquarium Arts starts by buying a natural South Pacific dry coral reef rock in bulk.
- The dry rock is then pressure washed twice to ensure that there is very little unwanted dirt or sediment.
- After pressure washing, the rock is placed in a 300 gallon wash tank for one week prior to the curing process. During this wash process, the rock is exposed to a nitrifying bacteria culture.
- The culture rock is then placed in another 4x8x2 holding tank that houses a large quantity of seed crates that are full of hundreds of pounds of wild harvested live rock rubble from over 30 years of importation.
- The fourth step in the culturing process involves the cultured rock being exposed to the super seed Fiji wild harvested live rock stock which is saturated with Aquarium Arts signature plate coralline algae culture.
Aquarium Arts has over 2,000 lbs of this no longer available wild harvested product just for this unique process. This gives our cultured rock a very unique double exposure to wild micro and macro fauna and flora. With our triple exposure 3 step process, we can assure our customers the highest quality completely cultured live rock product available. Our cultured live rock is proudly produced in the central valley of California. After our cultured rock has reached the 90 day mark, it meets our standards for sale as Aquarium Arts grade 1 premium cultured live rock. Customers can expect a robust coralline algae coverage as well as a thriving micro and macro invertebrate culture to be present. Aquarium Arts also offers a cultured live rock product which we refer to as 150 day ultra premium cultured live rock. The extra 60 days of polishing and exposure makes a beautiful product even better. This cultured live rock is for the discerning aquarist who wants a start up reef to come with a special pop right out of the gate.
The live rock reef is your biological filter. What benefits, do you as a customer, realize when purchasing live rock from Aquarium Arts?
Beginning saltwater aquarists often are not prepared for the costs of a reef system. After getting the necessary equipment – lights, pumps, skimmers, heaters, chillers, etc. there isn’t much left for the reef. But, live rock is your biological filter, so it is best not to skimp on the foundation of your entire system. Budget-minded novices have a natural tendency to buy lesser quality synthetic fake “live rock” for less money. Don’t make that mistake! The other live rock products available are made from plastic or cement as well as many other substances that provide a nitrifying bacterial culture on the surface at best. Most of these products are not very porous at all. When choosing a cultured live rock product, porosity is crucial. Aquarium Arts premium cultured live rock is created using a 100% natural base product from the South Pacific. This ensures a 100% natural product from the foundation up. It also ensures that the presence of unwanted hitch hikers is strictly monitored and meticulously controlled.
The benefits of Aquarium Arts fully cured cultured live rock are:
- Rapid delivery
- No cycling time/instant reef within 24-hours after arrival
- No nasty smells from uncured rock in your home or office
- No further labor after the initial delivery and aqua-scaping
- No time consuming, costly water changes to cure the rock
- No starter fish (mollies, damsels, etc.)
- Fish and coral introduction with moderation, within 24-hours of delivery and live rock aqua-scaping
- Very user-friendly for all sizes and shapes of aquariums (we have thousands of pounds to choose from)
- Every order is personally hand selected and custom packed
- Every order is a custom order; large or small
- Honest and reliable information before and after your product arrives
- Fully guaranteed to arrive in great condition
- Environmentally sound and responsibly cultured using solar electricity and environmentally friendly natural gas heating
- Extensively exposed to South Pacific seed algae and invertebrate cultures, not bagged bacteria cultures
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable cultured product eliminating the need for wild harvest
By the time you consider all of the qualities listed above, it should make sense to purchase a guaranteed fully cured and cultured natural live rock product.
It’s worth the price!
CUSTOM PRICING AND SHIPPING QUOTES
Do you need a different amount of live rock, or need it shipped to outside the 5 western states? Give us a call for custom pricing and shipping quotes. Continental US only please.